Friday, 20 April 2012

London, a Pork Chop and Me

pork chop on a bed of coleslaw

This is what I had for lunch today.

I didn’t cook it. Instead I ordered it, anticipated it, gazed at it, ordered mustard for it, and then demolished it........mmmmmmmmm.

For those of us who live in Turkey, we do get used to not having pork but we don’t forget it. Oh no we don’t!

The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square
The Sainsbury Wing is to the left, just out of this picture.

So here we are in London just for a few days. Today we met one of TT’s longlost cousins for lunch in the National Dining Room, the Sainsbury Wing, at the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square. I recommend it highly: just look at the menu for a start:

today's seasonal menu


Very seasonal and oh so English. You can see what I chose at a glance!  I have no idea what spelt is though. Maybe I missed something there? The place is great, service excellent (we had a Greek Cypriot waiter!) and the food just what it promises.

TT had the delicately presented starter below: scallop carpaccio with blood orange and nasturtiums. Actually, now I look at it, I see a tiny pansy and some pomegranate seeds too.


it's pretty, isn't it?





It ‘s great to be in London again but the weather is diabolical: it has rained and rained all day. Thank goodness we brought a brolly!



a very wet Trafalgar Square

The National Dining Room, the Sainsbury Wing:
what a great place for lunch on a rainy day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...